Our Attorneys Help You File for Consumer or Business Bankruptcy in the Northern District of Indiana
We assist people with Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy and provide debt and creditor solutions
When financial struggles leave you facing bankruptcy, turn to the lawyers of Gouveia & Associates — Gordon Gouveia, Catherine Molnar-Boncela and Shawn Cox. We put more than 90 years of combined legal experience to work on your case. Because of our extensive practical knowledge of bankruptcy law, we can handle the complex bankruptcy cases that smaller firms can’t. In fact, smaller firms often turn to us for referrals on difficult cases.
Whether you are an individual consumer or a business owner in a financial struggle, our Merrillville bankruptcy attorneys work tirelessly to comb over every aspect of your case. We thoroughly examine your financial situation to determine what legal options provide the optimal outcome for you. Our close examination of your financial and commercial records enables us to find any possible creditor solutions or to determine if an alternative to filing bankruptcy may be the right choice for you.
Our extensive knowledge, flexibility and collaborative approach makes our firm unique
Our decades of experience working in Indiana bankruptcy law have taught us that the best solutions when facing bankruptcy may differ with each individual case. Because of this, we rely on a team of attorneys with a wide range of knowledge to survey your specific circumstances. Our law firm offers:
- Responsive, client-centered approach — Our bankruptcy attorneys provide legal guidance that is tailored to your situation. We listen carefully to your circumstances to give you a clear and realistic idea of where you stand with your bankruptcy case. We adapt to your needs and give you candid counsel to inform you of your options and advise you on how best to move forward.
- Teamwork — Our law firm relies on the collaboration of skilled attorneys to give you the most opportunity for success. This collaboration is effective whether your case is large or small.
- Local staff — Once you are our client, our entire staff is at your disposal to answer difficult questions and we support you all the way through to the final resolution of your situation. Our local office in Merrillville also has contacts with other professionals in the community, including accountants and psychologists, who help you overcome your financial struggles. When you call our office, you speak directly with the bankruptcy attorney you hired to work for you.
We have the strategic bankruptcy law knowledge that consumers, businesses, creditors and debtors need
No matter what your situation, if you face bankruptcy and need a knowledgeable lawyer to look out for your interests, our attorneys are here to help you.
- Consumer bankruptcy — When you are facing bankruptcy, our bankruptcy lawyers advise you on the two most common forms of consumer bankruptcy, Chapter 7 and Chapter 13. Which form you pursue will depend on your needs and wishes in terms of length of repayment and protection of your assets and properties. Our attorneys ensure that you understand how each form of bankruptcy affects your situation.
- Business bankruptcy — Real estate or business bankruptcies are commonly filed using either Chapter 11 or Chapter 7. Depending on your needs, goals and financial obligations, we help you choose the path that is right for you.
- Debtor and creditor rights — Both debtors and creditors are entitled to protection from abusive practices, unfair collections and unnecessary hardships. Our Indiana attorneys have the knowledge to inform you of your rights as a debtor or creditor and to pursue all necessary avenues to enact your right to fair payment opportunities.
Our Indiana firm offers experienced guidance and candid advice through your financial difficulties. We help you through every step of the case, from beginning to end. We take the time to familiarize ourselves with every aspect of your case, to inform you of all your options and to seek the best possible result for you.
Contact us for trusted legal counsel about your Indiana bankruptcy case
We offer a free, thorough initial review of your financial situation. Email us or call us at 219.736.6020 to schedule your free consultation. Our office is open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We are conveniently located near the intersection of Route 30 and Interstate 65 in Merrillville, with free parking available. If you are considering bankruptcy, contact an experienced attorney at Gouveia & Associates today.