Catherine L. Molnar-Boncela
Attorney at Law
Representing Bankruptcy Cases in the Northern District of Indiana Courts
As a former law clerk to the bankruptcy court in Indiana, Catherine Molnar-Boncela is an experienced courtroom attorney who has seen bankruptcy issues argued from a number of different perspectives. She joined Gouveia & Associates in 2004. She is an Indiana native with more than 32 years of legal experience in bankruptcy issues as well as experience teaching debtor-creditor and bankruptcy law at Valparaiso University. When our clients need to go to court, Ms. Molnar-Boncela provides formidable representation and advocacy for them, shaped by her experience in the courtroom and her vast knowledge of Indiana law.
Working to resolve issues between creditors and debtors
Catherine Molnar-Boncela has been distinguished by her peers with a Martindale-Hubbell BV Distinguished™ peer rating of 4.4 out of 5.0 — a rating that reflects the respect she has earned through her commitment to excellence in her field. Within bankruptcy law, her experience as a professor of debtor-creditor relations allows her to assist her clients with her deep knowledge of the legal requirements and possible resolutions when creditors and debtors work to resolve disputes over money owed. She primarily represents individuals and small businesses.
Contact our Indiana law firm with questions about your debt or bankruptcy issues
If you are in debt or if you are a creditor attempting to collect, the lawyers of Gouveia & Associates have the experience with bankruptcy law to help you resolve your financial struggles. Call us at 219-576-6192 or email us to receive a free initial consultation that thoroughly evaluates your financial situation. Our office is open every weekday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Indiana, 1981
- Illinois, 1987
- Admitted to practice in these bankruptcy courts: Northern District of Indiana, Southern District of Indiana, Northern Districts of Illinois and Central District of Illinois
- Admitted to practice in these district courts: Northern District of Indiana, Southern District of Indiana and Northern District of Illinois
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- Law clerk to the Honorable Russell H. Nehrig, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Indiana, 1981-1984
- Law clerk to the Honorable Kent Lindquist, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Indiana, 1987-2003
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Valparaiso University, 1995-1997
- 2006 — Speaker, NBI Bankruptcy Reform Update in Indiana, One Year Later
- 2007 — Author, Critical Changes Due to Bankruptcy Reform Legislation, NBI Fundamentals of Bankruptcy Law; Author, Getting Started with Your Bankruptcy Case, NBI Bankruptcy Law from Start to Finish; Author, Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Issues, NBI Bankruptcy Law from Start to Finish
- 2008 — Author, Essential Bankruptcy Issues Impacting Collection Law, NBI Collection Law Tips and Strategies.
- 2010 — Author, Issues Surrounding Bankruptcy Filing, NBI Complex Bankruptcy Issues Seminar; Author, Means Test Calculation, NBI Complex Bankruptcy Issues Seminar; Author, Means Test, a Walk Through, NBI Consumer Bankruptcy from Start to Finish; Author, Filing Chapter 7, NBI Consumer Bankruptcy from Start to Finish.
- 2011 — Speaker, Bankruptcy Litigation, NBI
- 2012 — Author, Filing Chapter 7, NBI Line by Line Workshop for Chapter 7 and Chapter 13; Author, Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Issues, NBI Line by Line Workshop for Chapter 7 and Chapter 13.