Bankruptcy Attorneys in the Northern District of Indiana Help with Business Reorganization to Clear Your Debt
There are a number of ways you can restructure your business to reduce financial stress
Restructuring your business may allow you to obtain greater leniency in your finances and the flexibility you need to begin clearing away mounting business debt. There are, however, a number of different types of reorganizations that may benefit your business. Gouveia & Associates answers your questions about how a structural change will affect your financial situation, and we counsel you on how to proceed in your individual case.
The main types of business reorganizations we offer guidance with are:
- Mergers and consolidations — Both mergers and acquisitions refer to a company’s assets being acquired by another company.
- Target corporation subsidiary acquisition — Here, one company acquires the stock of another, which then becomes a subsidiary to the acquiring business. This usually occurs within a 12-month period and allows the acquiring company to gain greater control of the acquired company.
- Target corporation liquidation acquisition — In these cases, a targeted company must liquidate its assets, and its shareholders become shareholders in its acquiring company.
- Transfer — There are two types of transfer reorganizations. The first allows two companies to transfer share rights to one another in the event that one goes out of business. The other type must occur in conjunction with this type of transfer, but also allows a bankrupt business to transfer its assets to a new company.
- Recapitalization — In this restructuring, stocks and bonds can be exchanged between shareholders within a single company.
- Identity Change — This restructuring applies when a company undergoes a name change or relocation. An identity change also involves a “transfer” from the original company to the new one.
Our Merrillville, Indiana business bankruptcy attorneys guide you through the process of bankruptcy
A skilled attorney offers valued assistance as you reorganize your business. We prepare and review all necessary documentation, offer guidance as to which types of reorganization may benefit you and ensure that you thoroughly understand how reorganization will affect your finances and creditors. Our experienced Merrillville business bankruptcy attorneys have more than 90 years combined experience in this legal field and have been helping businesses successfully restructure to restore financial stability for decades.
Do you have questions about restructuring your Indiana business to relieve financial burden?
Our attorneys are experienced in helping businesses select effective debt solutions. For a free initial consultation, email or call Gouveia & Associates at 219-576-6192. Our office is conveniently located near the intersection of Route 30 and Interstate 65 in Merrillville, Indiana, with weekday hours between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.